January 22, 2009

My Visa Interview Story

November 9, 2008. Sunday, 7:00 pm. I could not get to sleep. I was very excited for my visa interview the next day. All my documents were ready. My appointment for my visa interview was Monday of November 10, 2008. I have to be at the US embassy in Manila before 7:00 am. But, I could not sleep that Sunday night. I have to get some sleep so my mind would be fresh and relax, I said that to myself.

November 10, 2008. Monday. I got up at 3 am, didn't get enough sleep. I only had an hour or less than an hour, I think? But, I have to get up early so I can prepare for everything before going to the embassy for interview. I took a shower, I get dressed, then leave at exactly 4 am.

I was renting a small room in Malibay, Pasay. US embassy is in Roxas Blvd. But, I preferred to leave the house that early, so I do not have to rush myself. Aside from the fact that I am not familiar with the location, I was planning to go to Chowking and eat my favorite chao fan.

5:30 am. I reached US embassy. I still have plenty of time. So, I went to Chowking which is opposite US embassy. I got my chao fan to go. I want to be the first person in line. And I was right! I was the first person in line. The only person in line for K1 visa interview. There were so many visa applicants but they are applying for a different visa category. The embassy guard told me that I can come back at 6:30, that I was so early for the interview. I said, it is alright. I can wait. I do not want to stand there in line waiting for my time. It is better to be early than sorry.

6:00 am. The security decided to let us in, K1 visa applicants. I was the first in line, haha! I made it! There was another line before we can get inside the embassy. But, it did not take long.
The security were checking our bags.

Cellphones are not allowed inside the embassy. So, if you are going to the embassy for an interview, DO NOT EVER try to bring your cellphone with you, unless you prefer to go back home and wait for another interview date. They will not let you in once you have your cellphone.

9:00 am. I was interviewed. I was a little nervous because I do not know what would be the out come. The consul asked me a couple of questions and I answered it politely. Then, he welcomed me to the United States of America. Yes! My visa was approved! I was floating with happiness. And when my fiance learned that I passed the interview, he booked a ticket for the Philippines.

After that interview, I went home and go back to bed then sleep. Hehe... At last, I can sleep soundly. Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful relationship and marriage!

    From your fellow SoP member...

    SueD

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the post..

    ReplyDelete