January 22, 2009

K1 Visa Medical Examination Report

My fiance filed a petition for me as his fiancee so we can get married in the states and be together for the rest of our lives. He filed his petition last May,2008. He visited me last April,2008 and we spent a whole one week together. We were both waiting for the petition to be granted. And we have waited for four months only. The petition for fiance visa was granted last September.
So I started compiling all the necessary documents even before I received the packet from the embassy. So when the time comes that I finally received the packet, which I really need to bring it with me when it is time for me to take my medical exams at St. Luke's, I am all prepared.

I complied all my documents on the third week of October, 2008. I received my packet on the 24th of October,2008. I got my Singleness certificate on the 29th of the same month. Then I took my medical examinations on the 30th. It wasn't that hard as I have been expecting it. I went to St. Luke's at around 12 noon.


I asked the guard first, that is what we all have to do for the can give us the idea of what we are going to do. All the security guards there at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic are polite and accommodating. They directed me where to go first after giving me application form.

Before you go at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic, prepare all the necessary documents.

1. Passport. Prepare a photocopy but not necessary. Make sure that your passport is valid until 1 year, that is better.

2. One 2x2 picture. White back ground. Showing your ears. Write your name at the back. Also prepare at least 6 copies of your 2x2 pictures because St. Luke's will ask two pictures from you when you have to take your immunization. And the other pictures, you can use it in the future.

3. Appointment letter from the embassy. That is the packet that I received from the embassy. Before you go to St. Luke's, photocopy it. The guards will ask for the original copy of your appointment letter, for checking only.

4. Prepare the money. When you are there and ready for your medical examinations, you will pay the necessary amount, so you can accomplish your task.

Then they will give you your application form.

You will print down your personal information. Your passport number. Your fiance information. His home address, zip code and state, telephone number. Fill out all that has check and better to double check the form before you submit it. If you intend to travel to the U.S in a definite time, write it down, month and year. Don't forget to sign. It is alright if you do not have an interview date yet. That is not a problem.

After you submit your filled up form, you will be called for picture taking. Then you will go to 3nd floor for payment. It should be in peso.

You will submit your form at the counter and wait for your name to be called then they will tell you to go to 4th floor for laboratory test. There's HIV and urine test. Then to 5th floor for physical examination. The processing won't take you 10 minutes. After that, you go down to 2nd floor for immunization. But the doctor will ask you if you want to take vaccination here or in the U.S.? I preferred to get the vaccination here because it is included in the payment which is Php10,664.00.

And it is time for you to get the results. You can smile because you have passed all the exams. Just prepare yourself if you feel uneasiness. It is due to the vaccination. I had my symptoms when I got home and I was feeling so terrible. But that was just for a day. Considering how you would get to be with your loving fiance.

On November 10, 2008 was my interview date. My documents were all prepared. And I was very excited on my interview. One final step to be with the man I love.

Hope I gave you some hint on how to get ready for your medical examinations requirements

1 comment:

  1. i just want to ask, after you had your medical exams at st lukes, what did you do to have your interview date? thanks.

    ReplyDelete